TIRED OF BEING A NUMBER? WANT PURPOSE AND MEANING? WANT SOMETHING NO OTHER PLACE CAN GIVE YOU? WANT TO BELONG? WANT SOMETHING MORE?
Not Just A Job A “CAREER.” Come Join the Five Star Leader! We are taking the Industry by Storm, experience the Five Star difference:
Five Star Mechanical is a local Western WA Family Owned HVAC company that you will look forward to coming to every day. Develop your future, advance your career & make new friends. Become part of a dynamic family owned company and have fun, all while providing for your family by putting in a good honest day’s work in exchange for rewarding pay and benefits It’s a win, win.
Five Star Mechanical is a growing, progressive and innovative HVAC company with two locations (one South and one North) and over 30 employees. We are looking for growth minded, positive, individuals that are experienced Service Technicians and Installers who would like to work with some great people and advance their career with an industry leader in the commercial, industrial HVAC business. We have work and a lot of it!
Residential Service Technicians and Installers that want to further their career by stepping up into the Commercial HVAC Industry are encouraged to apply. Versatile applicants with experience as a Service Technician and Installation will be given strong consideration.
Desirable Qualifications (Depending on Service or Installation):
A minimum of Mid-Level to Journeymen Level with 5 years’ experience in HVAC Service and/or Installation:
HVAC Industry Experience:
- Controls and Sophisticated Equipment
- Heat Pumps, Package Units, Exhaust Fans, Make Up Air Units etc.
- Dehumidification systems
- Chillers and Boilers
- Energy efficiency technology
- Diagnose equipment, locate parts and repair as needed per quote
- Installation, design and ability to read blueprints
- Lay out job-site for installations/projects, order parts/equipment as needed for delivery to site and coordinate project with co-workers.
- Compliance with safety standards, laws and rules
Education, Certifications & Licensing:
- High School Diploma or GED
- HVAC Technical Training a Plus
- 06A Certification a Plus
- EPA Certification a Plus
- Valid WA Driver’s License with Clean Driving Record
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to pass drug test and government level background check
- Ability to use GPS effectively
- Technologically & Mechanically inclined
- Construction aptitude
- Knowledge of simple mathematics
- Good verbal and writing skills
- Professional appearance
- Good customer training and service skills
- Physically fit with ability to lift 75 lbs., climb ladders and work in confined spaces
- Mentally ready with minimal personal issues
- Able to be on-time, work overtime and weekends when necessary
- Willing to be On-Call Rotation
- Willing to work in extreme weather conditions and temperatures
- A Team Player
- Highly motivated, eager to learn, positive attitude, early riser
- Ability to adapt to the ever-changing environment of the HVAC Industry
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide sales leads to Account Development Manager and Estimator
- Document assignments by filling out daily job reports for work completed with recommendations as needed
- Turn in daily time cards
- Maintain vehicles by keeping clean/orderly inside and out to present a reputable image to the public, inspect routinely, schedule service and repairs as needed
- Other assignments as determined necessary by Service Manager or Project Manager
These qualifications are desirable, not all of them are necessarily required. If you are lacking experience in areas, we can train the right individual, but you must have 5 years of experience in the Industry. This is a great Opportunity for someone who is tired of just being a number that has the patience needed while we grow together, expand and go through changes along the way. Must have the ability to see the bigger picture, be part of our team and have a vision to see the future with us. A Positive Attitude is a must, “Attitude will always precede your Altitude.” Must have a desire to learn new things and a willingness to work in a fast paced always changing environment.
We are always all growing in life, therefore we require that you are open to learning and desire to be “THE BEST” that you can be. We are looking for winners.
Employment Type: Full Time
- Generous Salary DOE and Skill Level
- Weekly Pay
- Great Benefits
- 100% Fully Paid Medical, Dental and Vision (Employee & Family) after 60 days of employment.
- Paid Vacation time after 90 days of employment
- 9 Paid Holidays after 90 days of employment
- Accrued Sick Leave
- Performance/Profit Sharing Bonuses
- Ongoing Industry Training
- Company Van 24/7 (take it home)
- Fuel Card
- Cell Phone
- Tool Allowance
We see you as more than just an employee, we see you as a part of our family and our team. We want to see you and your family succeed!
**We also have Company Picnics, BBQ’s, Parties and other Company Sponsored Events such as Fishing Trips from time to time**.
Testimonials from some of our Team Members:
- Kyle M. - Service Technician, 1 year: Five Star Rocks *****
- Nic H. – Service Technician/Installation, 5 years: A life changing Blessing for a young man looking to start a great career *****
- Leon P. – Service Technician, 11 years: I am very happy, great working conditions, great people and family. I Love to come to work every day and they even know my birthday *****
- Jason M. – Service Technician/Installation, 7 years: Friendly atmosphere were all like family, awesome place to work *****
- Brian G. – Installation, 7 years: Great place to work, good benefits and good people who treat each other with respect *****
The Five Star Difference:
We are a family-owned company specializing in commercial heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) services, providing unparalleled service and value in the Western Washington region since 1999.
We offer an array of services intended to address the needs of:
- Property Managers, Facility Managers,
- Building Owners, Business Owners,
- Building Engineers & National Service
- Coordinators, General Contractors,
- Builders, Developers, Architects.
We specialize in Preventative Maintenance, repairs, retrofits, installs, controls (Building Automation Systems) and energy conservation practices. Since 1999, we have been working with a wide range of clients throughout the Pacific NW. It is our duty to diligently perform our services; ensuring occupant comfort, energy efficiency, and healthy indoor air quality. Given how much time people spend indoors and the overall importance of energy efficiency, we are thankful to be a part of an industry that makes a positive impact on the way we all live and work.
Five Star Mechanical is committed to the following:
- Integrity and equitability
- Providing professional services that exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Maintaining a positive and safe work environment for our employees and customers.
- Providing innovative ways to educate our employees and our customers.
- Working for the well-being of our community and natural environment.
Through a long-term commitment to our mission, we strive to be a leader in the HVAC industry that diligently performs our services and to be a company that protects our ecosystem.
History and Legacy:
Our founder, husband and father, Gerald L. Ware Sr. (1942—2001). Gerald L. Ware Sr. had more than 30 years of experience in the HVAC industry when he launched Five Star Mechanical with his family in 1999. The Ware family established Five Star Mechanical with the vision of creating a company that consistently and reliably serves its customers and supports its employees, their families, and the surrounding community. Gerald Sr. was a man of integrity that touched many lives. After his untimely death in November 2001, his surviving family members committed themselves to honoring his legacy by continuing to provide superior service to all their customers.
The Ware family continues to honor their dad’s legacy by working together to make Five Star Mechanical the best commercial HVAC Company in the Western Washington area. If you are interested in joining a growing, dynamic, and family oriented company for long term employment with advancement opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We sincerely wish you the best in finding the fulfillment in your career that you are looking for. Please visit our Website at www.fivestarmech.com